TBCT Head of Cultural Development to speak at Irish Museums Association Annual Conference this February
TBCT’s Head of Cultural Development Grainne Millar will be a guest speaker at this year’s Irish Museums Association (IMA) Annual Conference. Taking place in the Drogheda Arts Centre, Co. Louth from February 25th – 27th, the conference brings together curators, directors, and museum, arts, and culture personnel from Ireland, the United Kingdom and Europe.
The conference aims to explore, inform, inspire and share on the theme on sustainability and museums. The current local and international issues in finance, and arts and heritage funding in the museum sector provide the backdrop for a conference that offers opportunities to hear new and up-do-date information and ideas for you (and your museum), as well as networking with colleagues across the sector.
The list of guest speakers over the weekend include:
- Rachel Madan (Greener Museums and author of Sustainable Museums: Strategies for the 21st Century)
- Eamonn McEneaney (Director, Waterford Museum of Treasures)
- Ole Winther (Head of Museums Office, National Heritage Agency, Denmark)
- Samuel Jones (Policy Fellow at the UK’s Department for Culture, Media and Sport and Head of Culture at DEMOS)
- Stuart McLaughlin (Chief Executive, Business2Arts, Dublin)
- Izabella Csordás (Head of Visitor Services Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Budapest, Hungary)
- Grainne Millar (Head of Cultural Development, Temple Bar Cultural Trust, Dublin)
- Dr Hugh Maguire (Director, Hunt Museum, Limerick)
For further info log on to www.irishmuseums.org/annual-conference